Turn WordPress into a knowledge base using this plugin.
Get the Free Plugin
= 1. Admin Search =
1. In your Admin, go to menu Plugins > Add.
2. Search for `WP Knowledge Base`.
3. Find the plugin that’s labeled `WP Knowledge Base`.
4. Look for the author name `kmb40` on the plugin.
5. Click to install.
6. Activate the plugin.
7. A new menu item `WP Knowledge Base` will appear in your Admin.
= 2. Download & Upload =
1. Download the plugin (a zip file) on the right column of this page.
2. In your Admin, go to menu Plugins > Add.
3. Select the tab “Upload”.
4. Upload the .zip file you just downloaded.
5. Activate the plugin.
6. A new menu item `WP Knowledge Base` will appear in your Admin.
= 3. FTP Upload =
1. Download the plugin (.zip file) on the right column of this page.
2. Unzip the zip file contents.
3. Upload the `wp knowledge base` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory of your site.
4. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
5. A new menu item `WP Knowledge Base` will appear in your menu in your Admin section.
- After installation of the plugin, visit the “Add guide” option in the left sidebar.
- Create your knowledge base guide / article using the WordPress editor.
- As an option, you can choose categories or tags just as you would with a standard WordPress post.
- If you would like to create more detailed step-by-step instructions, use the “Manage Guides” section beneath the post editor.
- When your knowledge base guide / article is complete, you have two options.
- Paste the shortcode shown at the bottom of the page into a standard WordPress post or page and the articles contents will be displayed.
- Visit the knowledge base index – yoursite.com/docs/ to see all of your knowledge base articles displayed.
Feel free to contact me with any comments or questions.
Forum – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-knowledge-base/